We absolutely love food in this house - preferably the sweeter the better. With the rubbish weather we've been having lately, it's been a perfect time to get in the kitchen and get baking! Usually this is Jack's domain, but when Indie said she wanted to bake last week I decided to pop on her apron and give it a go.
We kept it really simple, and made some yummy treats all of us could enjoy! These fruity flapjacks were so easy to make and took no time at all. The steps were all safe enough for Indie to get involved with too, so she actually did most of the work.
The final result was really yummy, but I think next time we'll add more golden syrup as they were a bit dry. This did make them perfect for Parker though as they were easier to hold. Anyway, you will need:
110g of Wyke Farms Butter
40g of Sugar
2 Tablespoons of Golden Syrup
175g of Porridge Oats
50g Dried Fruit / Nuts / Seeds
Method:1. Preheat oven to 180oc and grease a tin with a little butter (I used a cooking spray).
2. Melt butter (I popped mine in the microwave, but you can do this over a low heat) and add to the sugar and golden syrup. Mix until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Add the porridge and the fruit to the wet ingredient and mix well until they are full coated. This is where I would have added a little extra Golden Syrup!
4. Add the mixture to the buttered tray - squish it all down using the back of a spoon.
5. Pop in the oven for 10 - 20 minutes / until golden brown on the top.
6. Once cooled cut into squares, and enjoy!
Disclosure - We received the butter to create this recipe.